|Photo Credit: FunLake.com|
- The Lake of the Ozarks is 92 miles long end to end.
- With 1,150 miles of shoreline, the Lake of the Ozarks is longer than California's coastline.
- It cost approximately $30 million to build Bagnell Dam, which would be nearly $360 million in today's money.
- Lake of the Ozarks cover 61,000 acres and contains 617 billion gallons of fresh water. To put that in perspective, that is how much the city of St. Louis uses over a decade.
- The Lake of the Ozarks welcomes around 3.5 million tourists between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- The Lake of the Ozarks State Park is the largest park in Missouri. It covers 17,741 acres of land.
- The Lake was the largest man-made lake in the United Staes, when it was completed in 1931 by the Union Electric Co. of St. Louis.
- The Lake of the Ozarks is also known as the "Magic Dragon" because of its unique shape.
- The town of Linn Creek is in its second location. The original town was in a part of Osage River valley that was buried under water when Lake of the Ozarks was created.
- Nicholas Cage's Porsche was found in the lake. His car had been stolen while being transported across the country. In 2002, divers discovered it submerged in the lake.
- Freshwater jellyfish can be found in the lake, however, the conditions have to be right for them to appear.
Visit Backwater Jack's!
The next time you come down to the Lake of the Ozarks, make sure you stop by Backwater Jack's. With the best frozen drinks at the Lake of the Ozarks and live music six nights a week in the summer, it's the perfect place for lunch, dinner or drinks with friends. In addition to our drinks and live music, Backwater Jack's also offer great daily specials like Crabby Ol' Mondays and Friday Steak Night. You gotta get back to Backwater Jack's!
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn